In this tutorial I'll show you how to create a USB drive with Ubuntu Remix for a netbook or a similar limited capacity device. This allows you to install Ubuntu Remix on a netbook from a USB port. You will be using Ubuntu Remix 15.10
Downloads and Materials
- Download Ubuntu Remix 15.10 ISO image (Link for previous versions here)
- Universal USB Installer tool. Download available here.
- USB thumb drive with 2 GB capacity.
- Start the Universal USB Installer program.
- Select the Ubuntu Netbook Remix drop-down list.
- Mark the "Download the iso" checkbox. (wait until the iso has downloaded)
- Click the browser button and find the iso file.
- Select your thumb drive and then click on the "Create" button.
- Lastly, share this page on your favorite social network and subscribe to the Proyecto Byte channel. The links are below and to the side of this article. Thanks!
If you're not sure how to boot up your computer from a USB drive or an external hard drive, watch the videos below. The first video is for a PC running a BIOS system. The second is for the UEFI system (PC's purchased from late 2012 on have a UEFI system).
How to Boot the PC from a USB Drive
Before following these steps be sure to connect your USB drive.
- Press the function key to enter BIOS. If you aren't sure how to do this, just do a quick Google search for "how to enter BIOS with HP (enter the model number here)". Typically, you can enter the BIOS using the F2, F12, or ESC keys.
- Start the PC and immediately begin pressing the function key multiple times until you see the BIOS screen.
- Navigate to the Boot Order option and set the PC to boot from the USB drive. Then save and exit BIOS.
Official website | Ubuntu Mini Remix
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish