To eliminate sectors of a hard disk we will use Hirens Boot's tool CD 15.2 If we do not have Hiren's's CD we can download it from this tutorial, here. This process consists of eliminating the damaged sectors of the FAT, though the damaged sector continues forming a part of the disc, isn't included in the index, this means it stops representing a problem for the user. I show the steps to continuing.
- We form the BIOS it is to said the boot disk of the computer in order that it initiates with CD's or DVD's.
- We insert Hiren's Boot's CD CD 15.2 and initiate the computer
- Before realizing the elimination of damaged sectors is important that you keep a copy of the information of the hard disk because exists the risk of eliminating a file of the system or of losing a document.
- We initiate in way Mini Windows XP. We go to the icon HBCD Menu, then to Programs. Later to Hard Disk/Storage and we initiate the application "Victoria" (HDD Info / test).
- Now inside the program we go to the emblem Tets
- Now to the left side of the red button "password" we select Erase.
- And finally click in Start
The kindness of this program is great. It will allow us to have an idea of the condition(state) of the hard disk and it will help us to take a good decision at the moment of disc replaces or to re-use hard for some computer.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish