WhatsApp Web is now available, adding a web client feature to the extremely popular instant messaging app, WhatsApp. This new feature allows users to chat easily using WhatsApp on any PC or tablet. Along with the release of WhatsApp Web came a 24 hour block on messaging services for users of Whatsapp Plus.
Many people have been anxiously awaiting the release of a service like WhatsApp Web. Just a few days ago, we published an article offering the best alternatives to WhatsApp messenger for chat, voice calls, and video calls on PC. (Those last 2 services are not included in the new web client.) But, now that WhatsApp Web is available, WhatsApp is catching up with and competing with services like LINE and Telegram.
How to Use WhatsApp Web
- First, confirm that you are using the latest version of WhatsApp messenger, WhatsApp 2.11.498 (this version has not yet been released on Google Play).
- Confirm which version you are running from the app’s menu. Go to Options/Preferences/Help/About. Again, you will need this version: WhatsApp 2.11.498
- If you aren’t running the latest version, you have 2 options:
- Once you’ve installed WhatsApp Messenger, open the WhatsApp Web page in Google Chrome.
- From your mobile phone go to the app’s Menu/WhatsApp Web. This will open a window directing you to visit WhatsApp Web and to scan the QR code. Click OK.
- Point the camera at the QR Code to automatically open your WhatsApp page.
Pros of WhatsApp Web
- Easy to use
- Works on desktop computers and tablets
- Simultaneous web and mobile access
Cons of WhatsApp Web
- Currently works with Google Chrome only
If you liked this article, share it with your friends so that they can use this great messaging service too. Use the social buttons below and visit our blog for more articles like this one.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish