I'll explain one of the easiest ways to root your Android device using Framaroot.apk. Please keep in mind that rooting your Android phone or tablet means you will be granted all administrative permissions and will be able to make changes to configurations that are normally off limits. For more detailed information, check out the article What is Root in Android?
How Does Framaroot Work?
Framaroot is a simple yet powerful application that comes armed with a series of exploits that allow you to become a superuser in many different Android devices. Some of the exploits it employs are:
Installation and User Guide
- Allow installation from unknown sources by going to Settings > Security or Security and Lock Screen > Unknown Sources or Unknown Origins and enabling the option.
- Download the application directly from your phone using this link: Framaroot.apk You can also scan the QR code posted at the bottom of this article.
- Begin installation. Normally, recently downloaded applications appear in the upper status bar. Some Android devices have a Downloads icon or a File Manager where you can find the Downloads folder. Another option is to download a File Manager such as ES File Explorer File Manager.
- Once installation is complete, open Framaroot.
- You will be given 2 options: Superuser and SuperSU. You may just see the one that is recommended by the application for your device. You will also see another line below that which says: "Select an exploit in list above to potentially root device."
- Below the key you will see a list of exploits. You will need to try them one by one until you successfully root your device.
If everything has gone according to plan, you will see this message:
"Sucess 🙂 … Supersuser and SU Binary installed. You have to reboot your device."
If the exploit that you selected did not successfully root the device, this message will appear:
"Failed 🙁 … Try another exploit if available"
QR Code for Framaroot Download
Other Methods for Rooting Your Android Device
- Towelroot is an application that is easy to install and easy to use. It works on all Android devices running KitKat.
- VROOT allows you to root a wide range of mobile phones from both major brands and Chinese off-brands.
- Odin is used to root Samsung Galaxy devices.
- FlashTool is highly recommended for rooting Sony devices.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish