Hiren's BootCD 15.2 is definitely the swiss army knife of the tech team at Proyecto Byte. There's an entire section of the site dedicated to this awesome tool. We've already explained how to make a Hiren's Boot CD and how to make a Hiren's Boot USB drive (in case you don't want to waste a CD). The reality is that, even though a USB drive is much more practical than a CD for its speed, flexibility, etc., sometimes the situation demands having a Hiren's Boot CD on-hand. That's why we don't skip those tutorials. But, what would you say about a way to use Hiren's BootCD 15.2 without having to use a CD or a USB drive? Well, you will find out how to do just that in the article below. I hope you enjoy it and share it with your friends.
What You'll Need:
How to Configure Hiren's Boot CD 15.2 with No Disc or USB Drive
- After installing EasyBCD 2.2 go ahead and start it.
- Go to Add Entry.
- Under Portable/External Media click on the ISO tab.
- Name the entry (something like Hiren's Boot).
- Beside Path, choose the Hiren's BootCD ISO Path. Example: C:/Users/user/Downloads/Hiren's.BootCD.15.2.iso
- Click Add Entry.
How to Use Hiren's BootCD 15.2
By following the steps above, you were able to create an entry in the BCD Bootloader. Now using Hiren's BootCD will be simple. All you have to do is restart Windows. On startup, you'll see an entry below Windows named Hiren's Boot. Selecting it will allow you startup with Hiren's BootCD, problem-free.
How to Remove Hiren's Boot 15.2
After you're done using Hiren's Boot you can remove it from the BCD Bootloader. If this is what you want to do (even though it's not a bad idea to just leave Hiren's Boot as a disaster-proof backup tool), the steps for removing the Hiren's Boot entry are as follows:
- Go to the Edit Boot Menu button.
- Choose the Hirens Boot entry.
- Click Delete.
- If you prefer, you can go to the folder where you saved the Hiren's Boot 15.2 ISO and delete it as well.
- The name of the folder where you save the Hiren's Boot ISO should not contain any spaces.
- Do not delete the Windows entry as it would prevent you from running Windows after restarting.
- To start EasyBCD 2.2 problem-free, you will need to have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 installed.
- Some options are not compatible with PC's running UEFI systems.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish